Wednesday, January 18, 2012

To Be, or Not to Be...A Hick

Ok guys, I have to admit that my last post really made me feel self-conscious about my self-implied hick status. So....I started wondering if I fit into this status, or am part of some glorified,  hick-sub/super culture. Below are the reasons I believe I am in the latter group!

1. Both my fiance and I have all of our teeth! :) (however, Merle the coonhound is missing quite a few)
2. We buy free-range eggs and organic milk (umm..disregard the fact we are getting our own chickens this spring)
3. We do not kill things to eat, nor do we eat road-kill
4. On the rare occasion that we venture into the big city, it is usually for an opera or ballet, or some other cultural event (even though we amuse ourselves by blasting Merle Haggard or George Jones, and laughing at the disgusted looks we get)
5. I don't normally go by by first and middle name (Lacy May sounds a little too much like a redneck stripper)
6. We currently do not have a couch or refrigerator on our front porch (although I am tempted....)

There ya have it! Just because we live in the country , does not make us hicks! I'm feeling a little better after having justified this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment