Friday, January 27, 2012

Country Decor Wreath Craft Idea

It's no surprise that as a country bumpkin, I LOVE country decor. Anything folksy, antiqued, and homey-looking is right up my alley, and I just cannot get enough! The town of Ligonier has tons of little shops and boutiques that specialize in such decor, and they are really fun to visit and browse. However, some of the merchandise is on the pricey side, and that's money that could be spent on dog food!
So...I like to make my own country crafts and decorations. The best place to find cheap materials is at WOW Outlets in Greensburg. They have tons of cute folksy decor, and it is so much cheaper than when purchased from a boutique. I have actually seen a lot of the same merchandise in both WOW Outlets and certain Ligonier shops, so I have no doubt in my mind that the shop owners take advantage of my little secret. 

I made the wreath shown below for around $6.00. Similar wreaths are displayed in specialty shops for $25 - $40! It was super easy to make, and I think it turned out pretty cute. Below is a list of the materials, and the price I paid at WOW:

Rustic wreath: $2.00
Cloth ribbon for bow: $1.00 for a whole spool
Stem and star garnishments: $3.50 per bunch




I have several of these hanging on walls,
and have even made them for gifts.

1 comment:

  1. I love WOW Outlet. They have some really nice things there. My mom and I stop there all the time when we are doing out craft projects. Very cute wreath.

    ReplyDelete