Monday, January 16, 2012

Muck Boots..A Country Girl's Best Friend


C'mon girls, admit it, these sh** kickers can out-stomp your stilettos any day! The boots pictured above, made by LaCrosse boot company, are the best I have found, and I've been through tons of muckers. They are made of a really thick, waterproof rubber, and when worn with a pair of thick, wool socks, are great for cold weather. These things are a must have for country living, since you can quickly slip them on to take the dog out, to go pick fresh taters from the garden, to wrestle that bear that just won't leave your compost pile alone and even to wade through the occasional B.S., when your significant other SWEARS it was the dog you drank the last of your strawberry wine!

I found these boots at my absolute favorite store in the world, Tractor Supply Co. There's a store conveniently located right off of Rt. 30, in Latrobe. They also have a website, www.tractorsupply.com

A Word of Warning:

It seems these boots are a man-magnet, and whenever I wear them in public, I am magically transformed into an irresistible goddess of mud and muck...and this is appealing to only a certain kind of (trust me) unwanted male attention. There is a very creepy 50-ish looking man who follows me around and praises my muck boots every time I go into the Ligonier Giant Eagle. Although his elite sense of style is to be applauded, I now make sure to switch into sneakers before entering this store. Funny, I haven't run into him since!

Ok all, go get yourselves a pair of muck boots, or two, or five...you can never have too many, and feel free to post pics! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment