Monday, February 6, 2012

Batttter Up!

            So, how would you city folks like to wake up to THIS?



Yep, welcome to the country. Despite my hopes that he would turn into Rob Pattinson, he remained a creepy little rodent. I don't mind bats at all, but I have a phobia of rabies, so I was a little unnerved.


 At first, all we heard was a horrible squeaky chattering noise, and I thought a raccoon had somehow gotten inside. Then, this guy swooped right up by our heads to try to get out the window above the bed. We both dove under the covers to hide.


After arguing about who was going to play superman, I ended up holding a clothes basket up to shield the bat, while Kevin went out to the shed to get a net.


We ended up getting the little guy outside without getting bitten, and it was pretty neat watching him fly away. I really wanted to keep him as a pet, but Kevin wasn't too keen on that idea, so I didn't push the issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment