Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Peeps Have Arrived!

It's official, y'all; the peeps have begun to arrive at Tractor Supply! I am beyond excited, and even though Kevin and I were extremely jet lagged on Sunday, I made him take me to go look at them. They don't have them all in, but oh the ones they do are adorable. One of my greatest ambitions in life is to own my own egg chickens, and my dream is about to become true. 

Us vs. building a chicken coop is really the only obstacle in my way. Well, that and the fact that Kevin keeps insisting he is going to eat them when they are older. (He is NOT..I repeat NOT going to eat my  hens. I'm already picking out names, and once they are named, they become members of our family ;) )

I have always had a love affair with chickens. When I was little, I went into Tractor Supply, and saw a very small chick that was being attacked by the other chicks. They were obviously not her peeps (haha...you can laugh at my lame joke). The people at the store gave her to me, and I took her home and nursed her to health. I named her Pippin. She lived in my room for awhile, and then outside and in my basement.  She'd perch on my shoulder like a parrot, and was very affectionate. She was always in poor health though, and she only lived a few years. My poor parents put up with this, even though chickens are clearly not inside pets. 

Let the chicken coop building begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment