Friday, March 23, 2012

Best Banana Bread EVER (cream -cheese lovers must look!)

The other day my dad gifted me with a bunch of brown bananas, and I could not have been more delighted. I love baking, and made the mistake of bringing a few of my creations to work to share with my dad. Now, I can't walk in the door without hearing,

"What did you bring today?"

I've created a monster! 

I knew the gift was really a hint that he wanted banana bread, so I looked for the best recipe I could find. I thought cream-cheese would be a delicious addition, and luckily there was a recipe that incorporated this delicacy. (I'm obsessed)

You can find the recipe, here, at AllRecipes.com.

I did make a few changes, listed below:

1.) No nuts...instead of putting crushed nuts on top, which I am not a huge fan of, I sprinkled on brown sugar and cinnamon

2.) Replace half of the butter with 1/4 cup of yogurt. I used Stonyfield's organic french vanilla, which not only cut calories, but added a tad of vanilla flavor. (Use banana yogurt for more banana flavor!)

3.) Replace about 1/4 c of white sugar with brown sugar. I just prefer the taste of brown sugar, so I decided to do this. I'd really like to replace all the sugar with honey, but I didn't have enough, and didn't feel like running to the store at 11:30 at night, when the baking urge hit.

I made two loaves, one for Kevin and me, and one for my parents, and I don't think either lasted 30 minutes. I've always had trouble keeping banana bread moist, since I don't like to cook with oils or shortening. The cream cheese was the perfect ingredient, and the result was  moist, not too sweet, and absolutely delicious. 

Hope y'all try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment