Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Truth About Nipples

No, no..get your collective mind out of the gutter! I'm talking about rubber nipples for feeding our new baby goat, Jackson! 


Last night I surprised Kevin with a goat for his birthday, and since the little guy is only two weeks  old, he requires bottle feeding three times a day.


After some experimenting with a few varieties of rubber nipples found at Tractor Supply, I have had great luck with the Pritchard Nipple, shown below.




Every baby is different, and it really comes down to their personal preference, but I highly recommend trying this nipple first, if you ever have to bottle feed a goat or lamb. 


Jackson is sleeping at my feet on the front porch as I type this, he follows me everywhere!


I'd better feed him once more before class, everyone take care! 


Have you ever had to bottle feed a baby animal? If so, what kind, and do you have any hints?





1 comment:

  1. We bottle feed baby calves every summer, but their bottles are much larger. It's still fun though!

    ReplyDelete